VILAYPHONE (VIOLET) SMITH | PRESIDENT B.A. (Econ), CPA, CGA, CFP, CLU, CHS
Violet joined Investaflex in 1997 right out of Simon Fraser University. She has assumed many roles in Investaflex including administrative assistant, technical consultant, vice president and now president. Violet firmly believes that the success of any business transition depends on good planning, the education and training of the successor, and the support and willingness of the business owner to hand over the reins. Violet received first-hand experience of being a business successor when the founder of Investaflex, Malcolm Ross, became ill in 2015. Through Malcolm’s support and mentorship, Violet is continuing the business and is well positioned to assist any business transitions from both a planning as well as counselling perspective.
It is not all work for Violet as during her spare time she enjoys getting together with her multicultural family (as she and her four sisters all married from different nationalities) for authentic Laotian food and good times. She also enjoys travelling and exploring new cultures with her husband and son who was born in 2010.
PROFESSIONAL DESIGNATIONS & MEMBERSHIPS
- Bachelor of Arts (Economics) – Simon Fraser University
- Certified Financial Planner, CFP, Financial Planners Standards Council
- Chartered Life Underwriter, CLU, The Institute
- Chartered Professional Accountant, CPA/ Certified General Accountant, CGA
- Certified Health Insurance Specialist, CHS, The Institute
- Canadian Tax Foundation